Benefits of the Raw Food Diet
A lot of opinions have been raised by pet owners and animal experts regarding the decision to switch dogs from a dry food diet to the raw food diet. With such a great deal of division regarding this topic, one of the best ways to decide which is better, is by taking a look at the benefits that a raw dog food diet can bring.
- A primary observation with dogs that have bones and raw food diet is the lack of “doggy odor”. Many of the commercial foods that pet owners give their dogs contain additives, preservatives and chemicals which are absorbed by dogs in their bodies. As a result, the toxins can be excreted and manifests in their smell. Since a raw food diet food diet allows dogs to take in natural foods, these are broken down easier and fewer toxins are produced.
- Aside from just smelling better, dogs will also be generally cleaner, most especially in their mouths. The buildup of tartar is avoided - eliminating a need for you to brush the teeth of your dog. Moreover, gum disease and bad breath are prevented as well.
- It is much easier to maintain healthy dog with this type of diet. Weight issues can be addressed since unnatural fats are eliminated from the diet. Food takes longer to digest, thus allowing enzymes in the dog’s stomach to do their thing – extract as much essential nutrients as they can from what your dog ate.
- Feeding a dog bones and raw food as part of its diet will improve its immune system. With a more fortified defense system, your dog will be able to fight parasites and fleas better. Your pet will also be able to combat diseases and infections better. The occurrence of ear infections will dwindle from frequent to virtually non-existent since your dog’s body will be capable of containing inflammations better. This will mean that in time you will no longer need to use medication to get rid of or prevent the onset of these. After all, flea colors, flea shampoo and flea powder all contain chemicals which can be harmful.
- Puppies that are raised on this type of diet will grow at a better rate as well. Growth spurts can be avoided too. Aside from these, the chewing brought about by raw meat and bones will help to ensure that the bones and the muscle on the neck and jaw area become highly developed.
- This diet helps prevent the onset of skin disorders which often arise from your dog’s negative reactions to chemicals in processed dog food. One common trait among dogs on a raw food diet is that they have more beautiful fur. Your dog’s coat will regain its shine and luster and become soft to the touch.
- Bitches on raw food diets will tend to have better and healthier pregnancies. This is because an adequate amount of essential nutrients are taken in allowing the pups in utero to develop better.
- In the same way with humans who eat a healthy and balanced diet, dogs that are fed bones and raw food have more energy. They seem less sluggish and are able to play or do more. This is a direct result of the nutrients that they receive.
- Of course there is no forgetting that putting your dog on a raw food diet will improve its overall health. You can expect your dog to live longer and better because of this.