The Complete Raw Dog Food Benefits
This article gives you the full spectrum of benefits and nutritional advantages that your dog can get by simply switching from processed dog food products to fresh dog food or a raw dog food diet. Do you know that a raw food diet will provide a priceless range of nutritional benefits which no commercially sold dog food item can possibly match?
Here are the benefits of feeding your pet dog with raw dog food:
- The noticeable absence of doggie odor will surprise you. A dog will metabolize raw food much differently than a processed one. A food that is fed a steady diet of processed goods will have an unpleasant smell.
- Because eating raw meaty foods will involve tearing and ripping, the mouth movements alone will naturally clean the dog’s teeth and prevents gum disease. There’s no need for you to brush your pet’s teeth or to perform any de-scaling on them.
- Raw meaty bones aid the dog’s digestive system. As your pet chews the bone, his stomach produces the stomach acids needed to digest the bones.
- There will be a minimal amount of stools. The stools will turn firm and chalky after a few days. This is because the food hasn’t undergone any industrial processing and metabolizes naturally inside the dog’s body.
- You feel reassured that your dog is always healthy and that your vet bills are close to nothing.
- The costs of raw dog foods are so much less than what you will pay for commercial products.
- You are feeding your dog exactly what he will eat in the wild. Take note that the digestive tract of all domesticated dogs is the same as that of their wild cousins, the wolves.
- Puppies fed with raw food develop at a natural rate. There are no abnormal growth spurts that are associated with processed foods. Fast growth in pups is definitely not normal.
- The motions of chewing and ripping raw meat off the bones develop and exercise your pet’s neck, jaw, and shoulder muscles. These actions never occur when a dog eats commercial dog food items.
- A raw diet produces energetic and active dogs and pups compared to their sluggish counterparts who were fed with processed food.
- Any dog that is switched from processed dog food to a raw one will lose food allergies altogether. This has been observed in many different dog breeds.
- Weight control is significantly improved.
- Pregnant dogs will manage their pregnancy better than if their diets were commercially prepared.
- If a dog has arthritis, then the arthritis will either be reduced or it will disappear once the raw food diet is continuously being fed to it.
- Dogs gain a much, much longer life span with raw foods. They can live up to five more years than what their life spans would have been if they were fed with commercial dog food.